Do you have a free travel pass?
If you are the holder of a free travel pass did you know that you are entitled to travel on any Bus Feda route throughout Ireland free of charge?
Free Transport Entitlements
If you are a holder of the free travel pass or you have a public services card with free travel entitlements you are entitled to travel on any of our licensed routes free of charge throughout Ireland.
The following public services categories are accepted on our Irish routes:
- If FT-P is written on your Public Services Card, you personally are entitled to free travel.
- If FT+S is written on your Public Services Card, your spouse, partner or cohabitant can join you for free when you are travelling (they cannot travel for free alone). Your spouse, partner or cohabitant’s name will not be on the card.
- If FT+C is written on your Public Services Card a companion (over 16) can travel with you for free (because you are unable to travel alone for medical reasons)
- If you are in receipt of Carer’s Allowance you will be entitled to a free travel pass.
- We also accept the Northern Ireland Senior SmartPass
Free Travel Survey
Bus Feda will be participating in a national survey of free travel pass users, which begins on April 1.
This Department of Social Protection survey will last for six months and will require all users of Travel Passes and Public Service Free Travel Cards to register their details when using services such as Bus Feda.
If you are a travel pass holder and planning to travel with Bus Feda, remember to always bring your pass with you as failure to produce a pass will result in you being charged the normal fare.
If you have any questions about using the free travel pass on our bus please get in touch by dropping us a line via our contact page or calling 074 9548114.
We thank you in advance for your patience during this survey period.